The education sector in the Australian economy is very successful, and a growing industry with an international reputation for high standards in education. This has been achieved through prudential regulation of the sector and high quality management and teaching.
We can assist in providing legal advice and representation in administrative matters such as academic exclusion and disciplinary hearings. We also have experience in discrimination claims in the education sector for both complainants and respondents.
Experienced in Education Law
Our Mr Brett Wilson has acted for major educational institutions and is considered an expert in the specialised legal practice of Education Law. Brett had the privilege to have been the preferred legal provider to Bond University on the Gold Coast for a number of years, and continues to perform legal work for them today. He has also advised and acted for the Council of Private Higher Education (COPHE) which represents a number of private educational institutions throughout Australia.
Education Law Services
We offer the following Education Law services:
- Advice and review of an educational bodies decision regarding student entry, academic failure, academic exclusion, academic misconduct and general misconduct
- Investigation of complaints and mediation of disputes
- Acting for and defending claims of discrimination against education institutions, normally relating to failure to gain entry, failure and exclusion
- The drafting of agreements relating to Intellectual Property, Joint Ventures, License Agreements, Employment Agreements and Contractors Agreements
- Advice and representation in Workplace Relations matters
- Advice and representation in employment law matters
- Advice regarding compliance under the Higher Education Support Act 2003
- Advice and representation in negotiations with other institutions and government departments regarding Tuition Assurance Schemes
If you are an education administrator, or you believe you have been discriminated against or that you may have a claim against your education institution you should contact one of our lawyers to discuss your matter.
Our lawyers who may assist are:
Please call 1300 253 203 or send us an enquiry today.