LLB B. Bus(Mgmt), Grad Dip LP.
Emma works from our Gold Coast office. She graduated from the University of Queensland, with a Bachelor of Business Management majoring in industrial relations and human resources management in 2009. Emma then went on to complete a Bachelor of Laws at Queensland University of Technology in 2012.
In December of 2012, Emma was admitted as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland.
Emma's Legal Experience
Emma comes to us with extensive hands-on and in-depth workplace relations and human resources management experience, having worked for Australian Industry Group, a leading employer association, and in-house roles at TNT Australia, Caltex and NSW Health. Emma is an experienced advocate in the Fair Work Commission and Federal and State Discrimination Commissions, representing employees in unfair dismissal, adverse action and unlawful discrimination cases.
Emma advises on operational issues, strategic aspects and complex cases focused on industrial relations and employment law issues as well as providing commercial advice to individuals and businesses.
Recent examples of Emma’s legal work include:
- Coaching managers to effectively issue disciplinary action, including dismissal from employment on the basis of medical incapacity, underperformance and misconduct
- Managing flexible work arrangement requests
- Assisting employers to reduce costs and increase operational flexibility through rostering effectively whilst still complying with awards, enterprise agreements, legislation and contracts of employment
- Assessing compliance of employers with employment contracts and hours of work provisions in awards and enterprise agreements
- Assisting employers with enterprise bargaining
- Defending employee underpayment complaints pursued by the Fair Work Ombudsman
- Preparing training programs on Fair Work obligations pursuant to enforceable undertakings issued against employers for contravention of the Fair Work Act
- Drafting workplace policies and procedures and contracts of employment that are both lawful and effective
- Advocating in unfair dismissal applications and general protections disputes in the Fair Work Commission
- Advocating for employees in the Anti-Discrimination Commission Queensland and the Australian Human Rights Commission
- Preparing worker’s compensation psychological claims
- Preparing employees for unpaid wages claims in the Federal Circuit Court
Advising Business Owners
- Advising on obligations with respect to transfers of business
- Advising on restraints of trade
- Advising parties to Deeds
Emma is focused on delivering a high level of service to clients, considering client issues holistically, and achieving results.
Contact Emma directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to raise any inquiries or seek her assistance.