Law Seminar for QLD Mental Health Practitioners
Brett Wilson will be speaking at an upcoming law seminar for mental health practitioners in QLD. Brett will be joined by five other legal experts during the seminar.
Date: 12 November 2015
Time: 9.05am – 5.15pm
Venue: Royal on the Park Hotel - 152 Alice St, Brisbane QLD 4001
CPD points: Available for psychologists, counsellors, nurses & lawyers
Brett Wilson will be speaking on:
Informed Consent: When is it Required and What Steps Must You Take?
- Defining informed consent in the context of mental health services
- Understanding when informed consent is required
- Evaluating when someone is competent to provide informed consent
- What information should be provided for the consent?
- Reviewing informed consent in relation to minors
- Learning from recent cases on informed consent