LLB (Hons) B. CCJ Grad Dip LP.
Nikolina is a Senior Associate at the firm and works from our Gold Coast office.
She graduated from Griffith University in 2009 with a Bachelors Degree (Hons) in Law and a Bachelors Degree in Criminology and Criminal Justice. She was admitted as a Solicitor to the Supreme Court of Queensland in September 2011 and the High Court of Australia in February 2015.
Nikolina practices in the areas of:
- Employment law;
- Industrial and workplace relations;
- Commercial law;
- Litigation; and
- Human rights and anti-discrimination law
She advises individuals, corporations, associations and non-for-profit organisations on all things business related throughout Australia and regularly represents clients in the Federal Court of Australia; Federal Circuit Court; Fair Work Commission; Fair Work Ombudsman; Human Rights Commission; Queensland Industrial Relations Commission; Queensland and New South Wales State Courts; Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal; and Anti-discrimination Commission Queensland.
Some recent examples of Nikolina’s work include:
- Defending applications in the supreme Courts of both New South Wales and Queensland regarding restraint of trade and post-employment confidentiality obligations;
- Litigating a $300,000.00 dispute over a private yacht in the District Court of Queensland;
- Litigating employment claims in the Magistrate Court of Queensland;
- Representation in a Final Hearing in the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal regarding discrimination in employment on the grounds of pregnancy;
- Representation in the Anti-Discrimination Commission of Queensland and the Human Rights Commission concerning discrimination in employment and education on the basis of disability, pregnancy and gender identity;
- Litigating General Protection, Unpaid Wages, Breach of Contract and Misleading Conduct claims in both the Federal Circuit Court and the Federal Court of Australia against corporations in the airline, hospitality, broadcast and entertainment, mining, gas and medical industries; and
- Litigating a commercial lease dispute in the NSW Local Court.
Nikolina is committed to achieving excellent results for clients. She is proactive, dedicated and very approachable.
Nikolina is separately involved in a not-for-profit organisation called ‘Destiny Rescue’ which exists to advocate for the end of human trafficking of children around the world.
Contact Nikolina directly at email@example.com to discuss how she may best be able to assist with your enquiry.