Workplace relationships are a significant part of our lives. Whether you’re an employee or an employer, a dispute in the workplace can affect you, the people around you, and the entire business.
That’s where we can help. Our Sydney based employment lawyers have a wealth of experience in workplace disputes, unfair dismissals and litigation, as well as preventative measures to avoid these problems arising in the first place.
We’ve advised and acted on behalf of large firms such as BHP Billiton, Westpac, Qantas, Ansett, News Limited, Steelx and Macquarie Regional Radio on matters relating to industrial relations and employment law.
While also representing individuals for unfair dismissals, harassment and contract disagreements.
We provide employment law solutions and support for employers through;
- Drafting of workplace health and safety policies and procedures
- Drafting Employment Agreements and Contracts of Employment in accordance with Australian employment law or another country's employment regulations (we have significant experience in the UK, USA, Hong Kong, Malaysia, New Zealand and Singapore).
- Advising employers on the terms in Employment Agreements and Contracts of Employment, domestically and internationally
- Advising employers on restraint of trade clauses in Contracts of Employment, drafting such clauses both domestically and internationally
- Litigating matters where an employee has breached the Contract of Employment
- Seeking and opposing injunctions to restrain former workers from competing with a former principal relying upon restraint of trade clauses and confidentiality clauses
- Advising employers on the termination of an employee’s employment
- Advising and representing employers in unfair dismissal matters before the Fair Work Commission or relevant state industrial relations commission
- Advising and representing employers in General Protections, Adverse Action matters before the Fair Work Commission and the Federal Circuit Court of Australia
We also represent employees and individuals with matters such as;
- Advice on the employee versus independent contractor distinction
- Drafting Independent Contractors Agreements
- Advising employees on the terms in Employment Agreements and Contracts of Employment
- Advising employees regarding restraint of trade clauses in Contracts of Employment
- Advising and representing employees in unfair dismissal matters before the Fair Work Commission or the relevant state industrial relations commission
- Advising and representing employees in General Protections, Adverse Action matters before the Fair Work Commission and the Federal Circuit Court of Australia
Why you should seek advice
In unfair dismissal cases, contract disagreements and other employment law matters, there are often strict time limits in which you can take action. It’s important you seek the advice you need as soon as possible to avoid drawn out disputes and litigation.
Whether you’re a small to medium sized business, large firm, private contractor or an employee, talk to our employment and industrial relations lawyers for qualified advice and support.