If your business sells products or services in the Australian Marketplace, then you have complex and onerous obligations under the Australian Competition and Consumer Law that you need to be aware of.
Consumers, on the other hand, should be aware of their rights and the remedies that are available to them when they are not satisfied with the goods or services received from suppliers.
It is essential that you are fully informed of your obligations and rights in regards to the following:
- Misleading and Deceptive Conduct
- Unconscionable Conduct
- Unfair Contracts
- Consumer Guarantees for Goods and Services
- Product Safety and Liability
- Industry Codes of Conduct
- Electronic Commerce
- Competition Law
Adams Wilson's Knowledge & Experience
Our lawyers have extensive and specialised experience in advising and acting for both consumers and business in consumer and competition matters. Our senior lawyers have been involved in substantial litigation involving such issues in the Federal Court of Australia, the Supreme Courts of New South Wales, Queensland, Victoria and Western Australia, and in New Zealand.
We act for both businesses and consumers, and we believe this gives us an advantage in understanding the issues that arise in such matters and the strategies used in such litigation that may be run by the other side, providing an advantage to our clients.
Competition & Consumer Law Services
We provide the following services for businesses and individuals:
- Drafting Sale Agreements, Purchase Orders, Commercial Lease Agreements, Distribution Agreements, Franchise Agreements or other relevant documentation
- Review activities and documentation to ensure compliance
- Advise and act for you in dispute matters between consumers, retailers, manufacturers, importers or installers
- Negotiate and seek approvals from the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC)
- Provide training to your employees or sales people regarding their obligations under the Australian Consumer Law
If a dispute arises prior to making any admissions or offering or accepting compensation, you should speak with one of our lawyers to discuss your options and the likely legal costs, so you may consider a strategy to protect your situation or obtain a satisfactory result in the matter.
Please call or send us an enquiry today.