The education sector in the Australian economy is very successful, and a growing industry with an international reputation for high standards in education. This has been achieved through prudential regulation of the sector, which varies from state to state, and high quality management and teaching.
Adams Wilson Lawyers have an in-depth understanding of Education Law matters. We can assist in providing legal advice and representation for schools and education providers in administrative matters such as academic exclusion and disciplinary hearings. We also have experience in discrimination claims in the education sector for both complainants and respondents.
Experienced in Education Law
Our education lawyer Mr Brett Wilson has acted for major educational institutions and is considered an expert in the specialised legal practice of Education Law. Brett had the privilege to have been the preferred legal provider to Bond University on the Gold Coast for a number of years, and continues to perform legal work for them today. He has also advised and acted for the Council of Private Higher Education (COPHE) which represents a number of private educational institutions throughout Australia.
Education Law Services
From duty of care to data protection and privacy laws, not to mention an array of administrative requirements that must meet government regulations, the Education sector is a complex area of law in Australia with a multitude of complex legal issues.
Our experienced firm provides legal services for the following aspects of Education Law:
- Advice and review of an educational body's decision regarding student entry, academic failure, academic exclusion, academic misconduct and general misconduct
- Investigation of complaints and mediation of disputes
- Acting for and defending claims of discrimination against education institutions, normally relating to failure to gain entry, failure and exclusion
- The drafting of agreements relating to Intellectual Property, Joint Ventures, License Agreements, Employment Agreements and Contractors Agreements
- Advice and representation in Workplace Relations matters
- Advice and representation in employment law matters including employment contracts and Occupational Health and Safety
- Advice for tertiary education providers regarding compliance under the Higher Education Support Act 2003
- Advice and representation in negotiations with other institutions and government departments regarding Tuition Assurance Schemes
If you are an education administrator, or you believe you have been discriminated against or that you may have a claim against your education institution you should contact one of our education lawyers to discuss your legal matter.
Our experienced education lawyers are able to assist with any school law issues in Sydney or the Gold Coast, no matter how complex. For comprehensive legal advice, send us an enquiry today.