Industrial Relations & Employment Law
The team at Adams Wilson Lawyers have a wealth of experience in all areas of employment law, offering sound advice to both employers and employees.
While employment relationships are really just a matter of contract, this relationship and its termination can be complicated by emotions, the role of third parties and the legislation on what is considered a fair termination of employment.
Experienced Employment Lawyers
Our lawyers are experienced in a wide range of Industrial Relations and Employment Law matters and are considered experts in the field.
Our lawyers have advised and acted for BHP Billiton, Westpac, Qantas, Ansett, News Limited, Bond University, Steelx and Macquarie Regional Radio on matters relating to Employment Law and Industrial Relations for our clients in both Sydney and the Gold Coast.
We have been the preferred legal provider to Bond University and Steelx in all matters relating to the negotiation and drafting of their Employment Agreements, Contractors Agreements and documentation relating to employees, agents and contractors.
Our Employment Law Services
We offer the following Employment Law & Industrial Relations services:
- Drafting of workplace policies and procedures
- Drafting Employment Agreements and Contracts of Employment in accordance with Australian employment law or another country's employment. We have significant experience in the UK, USA, Hong Kong, Malaysia, New Zealand and Singapore
- Advising on the employee v independent contractor distinction
- Drafting Independent Contractors Agreements
- Advising employees and employers on the terms in Employment Agreements and Contracts of Employment, domestically and internationally
- Advising employees and employers regarding restraint of trade clauses in Contracts of Employment, drafting such clauses both domestically and internationally
- Litigating matter where there has been a breach of the Contract of Employment
- Seeking and opposing injunctions to restrain former workers from competing with a former principal relying upon restraint of trade clauses and confidentiality clauses
- Advising employees and employers on the termination of an employee’s employment
- Advising and representing both employees and employers in unfair dismissal matters before the Fair Work Commission or the relevant state industrial relations commission
- Advising and representing both employees and employers in General Protections, Adverse Action matters before the Fair Work Commission and the Federal Circuit Court of Australia
If you’ve been dismissed from your job and believe it was an unfair or adverse reaction you should contact one of our lawyers in Sydney or the Gold Coast as soon as possible. With employment law matters, there are strict time limits in which you are able to take action so don’t delay in contacting an experienced law firm.
If you’re an employer and wish to dismiss an employee you should seek our advice first to minimise the risk of unfair dismissal and the matter being litigated.
Please call 1300 253 203 or send us an enquiry today.