In private life or in business, the management of what you spend and what you receive is difficult, especially in difficult economic times. In business, they say 'cash flow is king'. Any of us can get into financial difficulty, and at such times it is important to get the right advice and to get it when you need it rather than when it is too late.
What is Insolvency?
Personal insolvency and corporate insolvency is where you as an individual may be bankrupted or your business or company put into administration or wound up.
As experienced commercial lawyers, we can assist you in recovering unpaid debts, protecting you and negotiating on your behalf when creditors are attempting to recover unpaid debts and act for you in proceedings to recover debts due.
Experienced Insolvency & Debt Lawyers in Sydney and Gold Coast
Our lawyers are trained and experienced in all matters relating to insolvency and debt recovery. They have appeared in the numerous NSW and Queensland Tribunals, the Magistrates and Local Courts in each state and territory, the Federal Circuit Court, the District and County Courts in each state and territory, the Supreme Courts in each state and territory, the Federal Court and High Court.
Our lawyers have acted for and against some of Australia's largest banks and commercial entities including Westpac, the ANZ Bank and Suncorp.
We have also acted for and advised numerous insolvency accounting firms such as Worrells, Vincents, Korda Mentha and PWC. We have acted for, negotiated and defended individuals and businesses in matters related to personal guarantees, bank loans, telecommunication company debt recovery, and Personal Insolvency Agreements.
Debt Recovery & Insolvency Services
We offer the following services:
- Advice on recovering debts, including letters of demand and initiating proceedings in tribunals and courts
- Drafting, negotiating or representation regarding Statutory Demands
- Negotiating and corresponding with debt collectors, financial institutions or service providers, regarding unpaid debts
- Advising and assisting in personal bankruptcy, including Personal Insolvency Agreements or attendances and representation in the Federal Circuit Court or other Courts
- Advising and assisting in corporate insolvency, including placing businesses and companies in administration, liquidation or winding up proceedings
- Advice and appearances for administrators, liquidators and insolvency accounting firms.
If you are owed money personally, or in your business where you have provided goods or services and not been paid, after discussing it with the debtor you should contact one of our lawyers so that we can discuss a letter of demand and what legal options are available to you. We will discuss a price with you for those services so that you can make a commercial decision about how to proceed.
If your personal or business finances are under pressure and you feel it is getting too much, you should give a call to one of our lawyers as soon as possible so that we can discuss your situation with you or possibly your accountant, then we may offer some alternatives including negotiating with the creditor to allow time to pay or a reduction in the debt, or entry into agreements with creditors.
Often it is important to get advice and assistance early rather than later when it may be too late, and any remaining creditor goodwill may have evaporated.
Please call or send us an enquiry today.