Law Seminar for NSW Mental Health Practitioners
Brett Wilson will be speaking at an upcoming law seminar for mental health practitioners in NSW. Brett will be joined by six other legal experts during the seminar.
Date: 5 November 2015
Time: 9.00am – 5.15pm
Venue: The Grace Hotel - 77 York Street, Sydney
CPD points: Available for psychologists, counsellors, nurses, lawyers & psychiatrists (consult your college)
Brett Wilson will be speaking on:
Informed Consent: When is it Required and What Steps Must You Take?
- Defining informed consent in the context of mental health services
- Understanding when informed consent is required
- Evaluating when someone is competent to provide informed consent
- What information should be provided for the consent?
- Reviewing informed consent in relation to minors
- Exploring recent cases involving informed consent and their implications for practice